What are the entry requirements?

MSc in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery

Qualification requirements for the course are MBBS; MRCS (Part 2) or equivalent. Assessments are made only of those areas relevant to each specialty based on their arena of practice, and these areas are listed on the successful student certificate under the universal title MSc AesthPlastSurg.

MSc in Burn Care

An MBBS or equivalent is required for entry.

Post Graduate Certificate in Aesthetic Medicine

Qualification requirements for the course are MB BS/ BDS or equivalent.

Fees, do I have to pay the full amount in one go?

No you pay one year at a time and you can set up a payment plan with the finance department.

What letters will I have after my name?

MSc in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery

You will have the letters MSc.

Does my final certificate have “distance learning” on it?

No, it does not.

What jobs can I apply for after completing your course?

The course is quality assurance stamp that the student has attained an educational level in the field of study that would enhance their ability to take up clinical positions in their country of license to practice in an ever competitive market. The award of a university degree will enhance applications to clinical and research positions at all stages of postgraduate training from Core Medical and Surgical Training up to Consultant level.

After completing the course, does this mean I can perform non invasive techniques?

Both the MSc in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and PG Cert in Aesthetic Medicine represent a quality assurance that the graduate has attained a high level education in this field. However, issues related to medical practice is subject to national regulation that varies according to the local laws and professional regulations. Whilst a university qualification would enhance a career in the Aesthetic field, practice in this area is not dependent on such qualification and should always be subject to meeting the requirement of local licensing bodies such as the General Medical Council in the UK and be covered by appropriate professional indemnity organization.